Jumping into the time machine of learning: Symbiosis and food chains/webs

Today, I’m going to be talking about a lot of science from the past few weeks, like food chains/webs and symbiosis.

Food chains and webs show the flow of energy (food) between one living thing and another living thing. An example of a food chain is, grass—-> earthworm——> bird—–> snake. It always has to start with a producer, like a plant. The sun gives energy to the grass, which is eaten by an earthworm, which is eaten by a bird. You could add more to it, but I’m not going to do that right now. A food web is way more complicated, it’s like multiple food chains in one. A food web sometimes has the same animal/producer more than once, but it can’t be written twice, you have to redirect the arrow to the animal.

Symbiosis is the interaction between two different species that live with each other long term, where at least one is benefited. The different types of symbiosis are: Mutualism, which means both are benefited, Commensalism, which means one is benefited but the other is not affected, and Parasitism which means one is benefited and the other is harmed.  Example of mutualism: Bee and flower, the bee is helped because it gets pollen and the flower gets helped by getting pollinated

These things in science helped me learn by teaching me more about how animals interact with each other in nature. I hope you enjoyed this blog post, bye!

Food web: